Starting Date: 9/5/2024
Application Due Date: 1/19/2024
The Center for Anxiety and Behavioral Change (CABC) is accepting applications for our postdoctoral training program starting September 5th, 2024. (Maryland and Virginia Sites)
Applicants must have completed their Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA accredited program in psychology by the start date of the program.
CABC emphasizes professional development and personal growth among its staff and trainees, ensuring that a strong work-life balance can be achieved. CABC is a collaborative group practice that values the importance of working with other providers and members of the community in order to deliver the most effective care to the people it serves. Fellows will have the opportunity to work with a variety of diagnoses and clinical presentations including, but not limited to, anxiety, school refusal, depression, OCD, ADHD, and Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRBs)
- Provide individual therapy to children, adolescents, adults, and families
- Didactic seminars presented by trained experts in the field
- Comprehensive individual and group supervision
- Co-facilitation of group therapy
- Opportunities for speaking engagements
- Community outreach and presentations
- Peer consultation
Postdoctoral fellows will complete 40 hours/week, including some afternoon and evening hours. A strong background in treating anxiety using cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and exposure therapy is recommended. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Cover letter stating career interests, background and training, reasons for applying
- Copy of CV
- 3 Letters of recommendation (at least 2 from clinical supervisors, one can be from a faculty member or professor)
- Official transcripts of all graduate level work
Submission: Please submit all queries and materials to the program training director, Dr. Jennifer Bienstock at email@example.com with “Postdoctoral Fellowship” in the subject line. Recommenders may email letters directly to Dr. Bienstock with the “[applicant’s name] Postdoctoral Fellowship” in the subject line.