Starting Date: 9/1/2019
Application Due Date: 2/1/2019
The Center for Anxiety and Behavioral Change is accepting applications for our postdoctoral training program starting September 1st, 2019.
Applicants must have completed their Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA accredited program in professional psychology by the start date of the program.
The Center for Anxiety and Behavioral Change in Rockville, Maryland provides evidence-based cognitive-behavioral treatment to individuals and families whose lives have been impacted by anxiety and other behavioral disorders. We seek to provide state of the art treatment in the context of a warm, compassionate, and collaborative relationship with the patient. Primary presenting concerns include anxiety, depression, school refusal, OCD, trauma, selective mutism, and family communication challenges. Treatment modalities include individual, group, and family therapy, as well as intensives or therapeutic ‘camps.’
Postdoctoral fellows will complete 40 hours/week, including some afternoon and evening hours. A strong background in treating anxiety using cognitive behavioral therapy and exposure therapy with response prevention is recommended. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged.
- Cover letter stating career interests, background and training, reasons for applying
- Copy of CV
- 3 Letters of recommendation (at least 2 from clinical supervisors, one can be from a faculty member or professor)
- Official transcripts of all graduate level work
- A letter from the applicant’s dissertation chair or director of training indicating that the applicant will have completed dissertation at least 30 days prior to the start date of the fellowship (by July 31st), or a transcript reflecting that the degree has been awarded
- A writing sample (de-identified assessment report, peer reviewed article for which applicant is first author, de-identified case conceptualization)
Submission: Please submit all queries and materials to the program training director, Dr. Rachel Singer at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Postdoctoral Fellowship” in the subject line. Recommenders may email letters directly to Dr. Singer with the “[applicant’s name] Postdoctoral Fellowship” in the subject line.