The Center for Anxiety and Behavioral Change in Rockville, Maryland, and McLean, Virginia was founded by Dr. Dalton to provide evidence-based behavioral treatment to individuals and families whose lives have been impacted by anxiety and other behavioral disorders. We seek to provide state of the art treatment in the context of a warm, compassionate, and collaborative relationship with the patient. Our particular areas of expertise include:
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Specific Phobia
- Adjustment Disorders
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors
© Aimee Kotrba, Ph.D.
Confident Kids Camp-DC Metro for Selective Mutism
Coffee & Connections Hour for Caregivers of Youth with Selective Mutism
Twice-monthly Coffee & Connections Hour are now offered for Caregivers of Youth who Selective Mutism (SM), social anxiety, and those whose children show signs of these conditions. Attendees will build connections and share experiences in a supportive and inclusive environment. Each session costs $15/person and enrollees are required to sign up 7 days in advance. All proceeds go directly to a Scholarship Fund for a child with Selective Mutism to attend Confident Kids Camp-DC Metro, a week-long summer intensive therapy ‘camp.’
Selective Mutism Training Series for Professionals
A 4-session, training series on Selective Mutism is now offered to professionals. The sessions will cover a deeper understanding of Selective Mutism, evidenced-based behavioral techniques, such as fading, shaping, and exposures, and effective collaboration with caregivers and schools. All levels of experience working Selective Mutism are welcome. The total cost is $100, and all proceeds go towards a scholarship fund to support a child with Selective Mutism to attend Confident Kids Camp-DC Metro. Continuing Education credits are available for $25 for psychologists and any discipline where APA-approved programs are accepted.
The series will meet for 4 sessions on Mondays from 12pm-1pm, on the following dates: March 23, April 20, May 18, June 1
For more information or to enroll, contact Dr. Lindsay Scharfstein at email@example.com or 301-610-7850 x 5.
We are thrilled to announce the 9th year of Confident Kids Camp for Selective Mutism, and the 2nd year of the DC Metro Location! Our program is grounded in best [...]
Articles Featuring Our Clinicians
Training for Mental Health Providers
The Center for Anxiety & Behavioral Change (CABC) is excited to offer a School Refusal Training Institute (SR-TI). Dr. Lindsay Scharfstein will lead an 8-session, consultation series for mental health providers of youth who refuse school.
The SR-TI course will delineate evidence-based cognitive behavioral (CBT) approaches to the assessment and treatment of school refusal. Techniques will address underlying emotional concern(s) and simultaneous school re-entry. There will be ample opportunity for case discussion and consultation.
The sessions will take place on a monthly basis throughout the school year. We will meet for 8 sessions on Tuesdays, from 12pm- 1pm, at CABC in Rockville, MD. The current SRTI session is underway, and we are accepting applications for future courses.
For more information or to enroll in the consultation series, please see our flyer or contact Bridget Camardi at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Lindsay Scharfstein at email@example.com or call 301-610-7850.
- The Lisa Show (BYU Radio): Managing Anxiety in Social SituationsAmyAdminCABC2019-12-17T12:25:07-05:00
- The Lisa Show (BYU Radio): Helping Friends with DepressionAmyAdminCABC2019-12-17T12:23:17-05:00
- Do You Talk About Climate Change?AmyAdminCABC2019-12-17T12:13:20-05:00
- How to Treat Skin Picking: Dr. Kristin Bianchi on the Dr. Oz showAmyAdminCABC2019-12-16T17:37:52-05:00
- Dr. Dalton’s talk at 12-04-2019 Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) Meeting (begins at 1:12:00)AmyAdminCABC2019-12-16T13:31:02-05:00
- When Anxiety Affects Education: Helping Children & Adolescents with School-Related AnxietyAmyAdminCABC2018-12-13T16:24:11-05:00
- Anxiety in Children & Adolescents with Dr. Jonathan DaltonAmyAdminCABC2018-11-14T17:39:31-05:00
- Podcast: What to do when your child refuses to go to school (9/16/18)AmyAdminCABC2018-11-09T17:44:42-05:00
- This is America & the World: Stress in the America (Part 2)AmyAdminCABC2018-11-09T17:51:18-05:00
- This is America & the World: Stress in America (Part 1)AmyAdminCABC2018-11-09T17:50:14-05:00